I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings~ by MAYA ANGELOU


Now, I have finished reading "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", so I am going to write a blog.

This book is her autobiography, written about her life as a black in a small town, upbringing from her tender-hearted grandmother, a clear discrimination between whites and blacks, many other interaction with her brother and people, and even a very shocking experience―raped.

Through reading it, I could learn the historical context and it was made me think deeply, "How should we be like a human?" "What is the best way we should take to change such a serious situation?" and so on.

I have a scene which I have deeply impressed is the conversation with Maya and Ms.Flowers (she is a good friend with Momma, Maya's grandmother).
In their conversation, she let Maya to reconfirm to say, "Words mean more than what is written on paper. They need the human voice to give them deeper meaning".
From this part, I have interpretated in detail: "If you want to change terrible situation or make a better world, you have to represent your opinions with your real voice".

I highly recommend this book when you want a strong impact on mind and time which you can take a look back on your own!!!

コメント

  1. Hello, Chisato!
    I'm also impressed the Ms. Flowers' words.
    Expressing our feelings with our voice is very important.
    I'm looking forward to reading your next blog!

    返信削除
  2. Hey Chi-Chan!;) Your word that is used in this blog is so easy to understand and the structure of this blog is amazing! I do look up to you! I’m looking forward to reading your lovely blog ! CANNOT WAIT😚♥️

    返信削除

コメントを投稿