CRY, the BELOVED COUNTRY(by ALAN PATON)

This book is, I think, very sophisticated and unexaggerated story of the relationship between one black and one white person in South Africa.

Throughout reading it, I thought a little of bit difficult because some words are South Africa's proper noun and person name, so at the first time i began read, I had troubled understanding the meanings of the words and sentenses as looking up the dictionary.
😭but, it made me examine about how brave and serious courages to hew the unseen future happening...!
Besides, I enjoyed South Africa's characteristic words, such as "umfundisi", do U know the meaning of it?
It means "a priest" or "a minister".
As it follows, you can surely enjoy the meaning of the new words and people' communication.

The story main character is Stephen Kumalo and one day he received a letter from his sister in Johannesburg, the dangerous place for him because at that time there was still prejudices between black and white people. In letter, she was very sick and he had to come and help her.
He dicided to go, but he was confused by the environment and interaction with people in there...

This story is very moving and worth reading that he tried to find out his prescious people with cooperationg "a" special people!!!

What he had discover in the dangerous place for him and How did he take action when he knew his precious person's completely changed circumstances??

As I writing the review, I want to read it again😊❤

コメント

  1. Hi, Chisato! This characteristic word is very difficult... I didn't know that!!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿