After finish reading "Great Expectations", I have a character of the book that my first perspective has changed greatly! 😲😲
This is, Georgiana Maria Gargery, the wife of Joe Gargery and Pip's real sister.
When I first read the description and the part of her statements, I felt annoying against her behaviors and violences for Pip because,
she forced him to keep listening, like "Who do you think that brought up you!?" and she hit with the whip if she felt something displeased.
So, I could finally enjoy such a refreshed story line, that is, she was beaten seriously by one of Joe's blacksmeth members, Dolge Orlick because of being between the dilemma of Pip's circumstances and bad mood for everything, so she was exposed the target by him to make her silent forever!!!
Besides I feel happy that Pip might not to be hurt by her and spend life more comfortable and free than ever without annoying her terrible behaviors.
But I think,,,
"Was she trying to show the love and attachment for Pip?" or "Did she want to make him a person who had a considerate mind to be able to show the thankfullness to bring up him?"
...
😞Throughout reading it,
I could learn how difficult showing real love and thankfulness for bringing up for a child was!!!
Hi, Chisato. I knew this story in the English litereture class!! I also want to read it.
返信削除